- Individual sessions: $200 per 53-60 minutes.
- Multi-person sessions: $225 per 50-60 minutes.
- Additional 10-12 min. time segments are pro-rated.
Note: Sessions involving three or more people usually require additional time to be effective. Typically three people require a minimum of 75 minutes or more, four people require 90 minutes or more, and so on.
My services, although out-of-network, may be covered in part by your health insurance or else an employee benefit plan with a Health Savings Account program. Insurance coverage depends on both diagnoses and procedure codes. If you plan to submit to your insurance company, please let me know so that I set you up to receive superbills for submission. I may require a few sessions to arrive at an appropriate diagnosis, at which time I can provide the required information for your insurance forms. I do not handle forms processing and require payment at time of service.
Please check your insurance coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do my insurance benefits include mental health coverage?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Do my insurance benefits include "couple or family counseling?" If yes, what diagnosis codes will the insurer cover? (Specifically ask your insurer: "Do you cover 90847 and 90846 or Z63.0?") Many insurers will only cover couple or family counseling when there is an identified patient and it is medically necessary to treat them in the context of the couple or family.
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Reduced Fee/Sliding Scale
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis. I believe that everyone should have access to the care they need, so please do not let fees get in the way of getting help. Let's have a conversation and see what we can do to make this a win/win for all of us.
Major credit/debit cards (including FSA and HSA) are accepted for payment using a HIPAA-compliant financial vendor. Please talk to me in advance if you want to pay by cash or check.
If you cancel or no-show your scheduled appointment without 48 hrs advance notification, you may be required to pay the full cost of the session. Life happens, so everyone gets one free pass regardless of the reason. Note that insurance providers will not pay for missed sessions.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.