Individual sessions: $225 per 53-60 minutes.
Multi-person sessions: $250 per 50-60 minutes.
Additional 10-12 min. time segments are pro-rated - note that your insurer may not pay for extended time.
Note: Sessions involving three or more people usually require additional time to be effective. Typically, three people require a minimum of 75 minutes or more, four people require 90 minutes or more, and so on.
My services are "private pay" which means that you pay for services upfront. I choose to be an out-of-network provider, which means that I am not paneled as an in-network clinician and will not submit claims directly to your insurer. However, I can provide superbills for you to submit to your health insurance or Health Savings Account program.
If you plan to submit superbills to your insurance company, please let me know so that I properly configure your account in the EHR system. You will automatically receive a link to your Statement for Insurance Reimbursement (superbill) about 10 days after the month ends. I may need a few sessions to arrive at an appropriate diagnosis, at which time I can provide the required information for your insurance forms. To be clear, I do not handle forms processing for insurance and require payment at time of service.
Please check your insurance coverage carefully by contacting the insurer with questions such as the following:
- Do my insurance benefits include mental health coverage? If yes, what kind of providers may I see? Are there any other limitations I should know about?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the covered amount per individual therapy session for ICD 90837, 90834, and 90832?
- Do my insurance benefits include "couple, family, or relationship counseling?" If yes, what procedure codes will the insurer cover? (Specifically ask your insurer: "Do you cover 90847 and 90846 ICD codes?) Many insurers will only cover couple/family/relationship counseling when there is an identified patient with a medical or behavioral health diagnosis, and it is medically necessary to treat them for that diagnosis in the context of the couple or family. Insurers often have very narrow definitions of medical necessity and pay for relationship therapy on a limited basis.
- If I/we need an extended session, does my insurance pay for that time? What ICD codes can be used for that?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician or other referring clinician?
Reduced Fee/Sliding Scale
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis. I believe that everyone should have access to the care they need. Let's have a conversation and see what we can do to make this a win/win for all of us
Major credit/debit cards (including FSA and HSA debit cards) are accepted for payment using a HIPAA-compliant financial vendor. Please talk to me in advance if you want to pay by cash or check.
If you no-show or cancel your scheduled appointment without 48 hrs. advance notice, you may be required to pay some or all of the full cost of the session. Life happens, so everyone gets one free pass per year regardless of the reason. Note that insurance providers will not pay for missed sessions.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.